The WorldView data security centers are located inside two geographically diverse NaviSite co-location facilities. They contain the most comprehensive online document security systems available for protecting your data and are the strength behind our disaster recovery services. These bunkered facilities are custom designed with raised floors, HVAC temperature control systems, and offer the widest range of physical security features including:
- Motion sensors
- 24×7 secured access
- Security breach alarms
- Video camera surveillance
- State-of-the-art smoke detection and fire suppression systems
- The Server Environment Protecting Your Information
To aid with data security and your disaster recovery plan, WorldView employs a redundant, Dual-Site and multi-tier architecture in a Cloud Environment for its servers and data storage. This ensures the WorldView document management application is part of a network featuring state-of-the-art scalability, reliability, and performance. In the event of a disaster, multiple copies of your documents are maintained within our geographically diverse data centers.
- Data Encryption for Input and Retrieved Documents
- Documents stored at the WorldView data center are transferred using secure HTTP (HTTPs). HTTPs ensures that both ends of the Client/Server connection are authenticated. This is done using a digital certificate and also protects your data by using encryption.
- Viewed documents originate from a secure site that incorporates 128-bit encryption.
- Secure User Access with User Retrieval Rights
- WorldView users are assigned a unique user ID and password to gain access to their individual document retrieval desktop.
- Each user within your organization is provided certain retrieval rights, as defined by their administrator. These rights grant or deny access to users for:
- Document types that can be viewed
- Document functions such as:
- Appending and modifying notes
- Viewing administrative reports
Your documents remain available for your immediate retrieval for as long as you desire. You can rest assured knowing that WorldView’s document storage management solutions are safely and securely storing your documents. They will be accessible to you in times of disaster, security breaches, or other situations beyond your control.
Once your documents have been processed by WorldView’s electronic document management system, all documents are redundantly stored on two RAID-5 Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices especially suited for immediate document retrieval. This process duplicates and stores your data in multiple sectors of the storage discs. In the unlikely event that a disc would become damaged, your data stands a better chance of being recovered since it is saved across multiple sectors. Additionally, each of these NAS devices are stored within our geographically dispersed Navisite Data Centers. As a final redundancy measure, daily-incremental and weekly-full backup, as well as, offsite storage create a simple disaster recovery path in the event of complete site or equipment failure.